I host a podcast about the history of Internet entrepreneurship.
What happens when you take an entrepreneur who loves stories and storytelling, researches Internet businesses, and studies digital media history? He creates a nerdy podcast, of course!
Web Masters is that podcast. It’s a weekly podcast where I teach about entrepreneurship by sharing the stories of the Internet’s most impactful early innovators. Some of the people and stories I’ve featured so far include:
- Louis Monier @ AltaVista
- Chris Heivly @ MapQuest
- Gregg Spiridellis @ JibJab
- David Bohnett @ GeoCities
- Peter Sunde @ The Pirate Bay
- Philip Rosedale @ Second Life
- Scott Crosby @ Google Analytics
- Jonathan Abrams @ Friendster
- Kevin O’Connor @ DoubleClick
- Tom Truscott @ Usenet
Oh, and for fun, here’s the episode featuring Louis Monier of AltaVista, the man who could have bought Google for $1 million. If you’re the kind of person whose gotten this far into my website, I’m pretty sure you’ll enjoy his story.